Thursday 12 March 2015

12.03.2015 CONSTRUCTION: FILMING CONTINUED BASEMENT SCENES

We use this picture as a guideline - this collage is taken from a previous blog post of mine
I edited this photo of Agatha on PicMonkey applying make up onto Demi, who plays India our main protagonist. She applied make up on areas such as her face including her eyes, cheek bones, brow line and jaw line to create a bruising effect as well as a slash of fake blood on her cheek bones. To maintain continuity, the make up has to be exactly the same every time we film, so we use the picture above as a guideline when applying make up. I have also collected SnapChats I have recorded on SnapChat of the process we went through before we started filming. I have amalgamated this footage together on iMovie, making it into a short film. I also included a problem that occurred whilst filming - finding that a family of frogs living in Agatha's basement, spending too long setting up the set and applying make up on Demi therefore causing a disruption to filming. As this problem caused a delay to our filming, we decided that we will continue filming in the next double lesson of Media Studies. Popular YouTuber Casey Neistat's SnapChat Stories were the inspiration behind my SnapChat story of filming in Agatha's basement. I've watched many of his SnapChat stories on YouTube as well as many of his videos on his YouTube channel, including Make It Count and The Surprise in South Africa by Casey Neistat and was inspired to make my own SnapChat video. I intend to make more of these videos as I continue filming and editing my film opening.
Me filming Demi in the basement
Me filming Demi in the basement


Uploading footage into iMovie

Adding transitions to the footage

Before exporting, I made sure the film fluid to be viewed easily

No comments:

Post a Comment